Author Topic: Decal book  (Read 155 times)

lgriffin

• E-board Group
Re: Decal book
« Reply #4 on: Tue 08/25/20 05:28 PM »
Ibra, I plan to be at the August meetzing this week. If you plan to come, I will bring the Sunderland.

Lee G.

Ibra T

• Club Business
« Reply #3 on: Mon 08/24/20 07:53 PM »
Hello Lee,
    I think I have sourced most of what I need.  I just need the black “USAF”.  Thanks for trying to help out.  I would love a Sunderland.  It would take me back 37 years to when I built my first one.  Are you going to the meeting Wednesday night at Hangar 18?

lgriffin

• E-board Group
« Reply #2 on: Wed 08/19/20 03:42 PM »
Hi Ibra:

I don’t have the decal book.

As Rob mentioned he passed along to me a couple of partial and full F-105 sheets. I looked and unfortunately most of the small national insignias that you need have red stripes that are out of register. Perhaps someone has an unused Monogram or Revell sheet with the right size insignias.

I can certainly help put together a couple of ejection seat warning triangles and maybe other stencils if there are duplicates (since I plan to use these sheets). 

The USAF and serial number on the tail are six inches high on the real thing which is 1/8” on the model. I suggest looking for appropriate size and color letters and digits in decal or dry transfer form at a railroad shop. Let me look at what I have - I might be able to help.

As a last resort, there are suitable decal sheets available online.

Also, do you want an Airfix Short Sunderland gratis?

Thanks,

Lee Griffin

Ibra T

• Club Business
Decal book
« Reply #1 on: Thu 08/13/20 08:47 PM »
Hello all.  I am building the Monogram F105 and need stencils and National markings.  Does any know who has the decal book?   I may be able to cobble together something.  Thanks