Author Topic: Post your ODO haul!  (Read 170 times)

Philip G

• Club Business
  • welcome
Re: Post your ODO haul!
« Reply #7 on: Fri 03/13/20 01:45 PM »
I've seen some builds of MFH kits. Impressive kits, but way out of my price range, since my skills wouldn't be able to do one justice.

Ben
That's exactly where I'm at. Plus, there are additional detail sets for many of the kits. I've got a long way to go before I could justify that sort of Swiss-watch-building exercise.

BenB

• Club Business
« Reply #6 on: Fri 03/13/20 01:17 PM »
I've got both the Heller and Fujimi. Neither one of them is spectacular. One day I'll spring for the Model Factory Hiro full-meal-deal.

I've seen some builds of MFH kits. Impressive kits, but way out of my price range, since my skills wouldn't be able to do one justice.

Ben

Philip G

• Club Business
  • welcome
« Reply #5 on: Tue 03/10/20 03:43 PM »
I've got both the Heller and Fujimi. Neither one of them is spectacular. One day I'll spring for the Model Factory Hiro full-meal-deal.

BenB

• Club Business
« Reply #4 on: Tue 03/10/20 01:09 PM »
Nice score! That 917 is actually a repop of the Heller kit. It's supposed to be more detailed and have a better shape than the Fujimi kit.

Ben

Charles T

• Web Administration
  • welcome
« Reply #3 on: Sun 03/08/20 04:14 AM »
Nice choice, Philip! I also got the Mercury kit.

Chase

Philip G

• Club Business
  • welcome
« Reply #2 on: Sat 02/29/20 04:29 PM »
Oh! Also I hope that the Eagle Squadron also made a haul of some brass. The SAS/LRDG collection looked wonderful!

Philip G

• Club Business
  • welcome
Post your ODO haul!
« Reply #1 on: Sat 02/29/20 04:28 PM »

I can't wait to suffer the indignity of fighting the notoriously ill-fitting and inaccurate XB-70. However, it fits in with my whole NASA-themed stuff. The "Everything is Go!" kit has been on my list for a while. I like kits that are as long-in-the-tooth as I am. The other one from the Wayback Machine is the ancient box-scale ex-Revell B-52/X-15 combo. There was a built one at the contest that looked fantastic! The "started" 917 is the same as the Union/Fujimi one that's been around for ages. It's not too far along - just some engine assembly. Looks like the previous builder gave up when faced with wiring a 12-cylinder engine. Twice. I'll probably use it as a test mule for the Gulf car(s) on the docket.

Jennifer has a good time at her first-ever model show. She got a lot of ideas from the stuff she saw. She didn't find anything to buy, though.

I took a kagillion photos. I'll set up a Flickr public album later.

Ciao!
Philbert