Author Topic: New Member  (Read 240 times)

lgriffin

• E-board Group
Re: New Member
« Reply #4 on: Tue 07/09/19 02:27 PM »
Welcome, Brian! Hope to see you in person soon.

Lee Griffin
(Chapter Contact)

Brian_S

• Club Business
  • welcome
« Reply #3 on: Tue 07/09/19 02:03 PM »
Welcome Brian.

You will fit in well with this group as others build mostly flying 1/48 or 1/32 kits. Welcome to the darkside of modeling with armor. What kit did you build and any pics? We have a number of car guys. Ben posts competed review articles at Modeling Madness pretty regularly for example. The forum can be slow, folks are either reading/posting elsewhere or not online. Don't let that discourage you from posting. A forum is only as good as what the members post.

Thanks, Ryan.  My first tank build was the Tamiya Easy 8 Sherman in 1/35, which was a fun and easy kit to build.  I posted pics of it, and the last two planes I've finished, in the forum.

Ryan K

• E-board Group
« Reply #2 on: Wed 07/03/19 03:11 PM »
Welcome Brian.

You will fit in well with this group as others build mostly flying 1/48 or 1/32 kits. Welcome to the darkside of modeling with armor. What kit did you build and any pics? We have a number of car guys. Ben posts competed review articles at Modeling Madness pretty regularly for example. The forum can be slow, folks are either reading/posting elsewhere or not online. Don't let that discourage you from posting. A forum is only as good as what the members post.

Brian_S

• Club Business
  • welcome
« Reply #1 on: Wed 07/03/19 09:42 AM »
Hello from Chapel Hill.  My name is Brian, and I just moved to the area a few months ago.  It doesn't look like this is a super active forum, but I thought I'd introduce myself.  I look forward to coming to a meeting soon and meeting some folks in person.  I mostly model WWII aviation in 1/48 and 1/32 scale, although I just did my first tank, and I have a few car kits I want to buy as well. 
I'm bstarr3 online, where I post pretty actively on britmodeller and largescaleplanes.  Hope to see some of you out in the larger internet world and in person!