Author Topic: Testors discontinuing 250 items  (Read 884 times)

Lee_K

• Club Business
Re: Testors discontinuing 250 items
« Reply #5 on: Sun 06/02/19 03:53 PM »
Tamiya has a number of new colors in the grey family that make things easier (XF 75, 77, 80, 82, 83, 87). The problem I see is that they are very new (less then a year or so) that mixing ratios if any have not been updated across the forums or I will have to check on some apps.

That's interesting. I know that they make often make new paint colors to fill gaps in their line when a new poplar model comes out, like the 1/48 scale F-14s.  I'll look into what the FS equivalents are for these new colors -- it may help sway my decision on how to proceed when restocking my paints as I use up the last bottles of Testors.

BenB

• Club Business
« Reply #4 on: Sat 06/01/19 10:42 AM »
That's too bad, but it seems like they let the industry pass them by years ago. I quit using the enamels after they changed the formula a few years ago, because it airbrushed and paint-brushed like crap. Fortunately, there are lots of better alternatives on the market, now.

Ben

Ryan K

• E-board Group
« Reply #3 on: Thu 05/30/19 08:20 AM »
For Vallejo I would recommend getting their paint retarder.

Tamiya has a number of new colors in the grey family that make things easier (XF 75, 77, 80, 82, 83, 87). The problem I see is that they are very new (less then a year or so) that mixing ratios if any have not been updated across the forums or I will have to check on some apps.
« Last Edit: Thu 05/30/19 08:27 AM by Ryan K »

Lee_K

• Club Business
« Reply #2 on: Thu 05/30/19 08:13 AM »
That is very disappointing.  I've already noticed that the Acryl line -- paints I've used for two decades now -- has been gutted with almost no military colors. I was thinking that at least I will be able to use the enamels for future projects as my acrylic colors get used up and now this announcement.

I'm trying out Vallejo paints, but I understand that their color renditions are not the best.  Worse comes to worst, it will be over to Tamiya acrylics and lots and lots of paint mixing to get the various shades of gray that are needed for US modern aircraft.

Ryan K

• E-board Group
Testors discontinuing 250 items
« Reply #1 on: Thu 05/30/19 06:10 AM »
Model Masters International Military & Figure Enamel paint and possible Aztec airbrushes.

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=32398&mode=thread&order=0