Author Topic: RDU Hobby shops worth a visit  (Read 401 times)

DavidS

• E-board Group
Re: RDU Hobby shops worth a visit
« Reply #9 on: Mon 10/08/18 11:09 AM »
I will see if RC Hobby will open for us again.  I want it to be worth while for them too.  How many people are interested in going after the meeting on Sunday?

David S

CorsairAU1

« Reply #8 on: Sun 10/07/18 11:51 AM »
BTW, I see a Hobby Lobby has opened out on Capitol. In general, in my travels about the country, I have found them to have the best kit selection of any of the "craft" shops (Michael's, ACMoore, and occasionally even JoAnn's Fabric!). And with the 40% off coupon available most every week, a kit can be had cheap even on ones that are priced above retail (they seem to price all car kits at $29.99 even when the MSRP is $25.99 or $27.99 and SW kits are also jacked). The size of the selection varies from store to store. I will probably head out there one day this week. And there right by the B&N!!!

CorsairAU1

« Reply #7 on: Sun 10/07/18 11:33 AM »
Me too, Ben! That was my source for Model Cars mag, except for the brief period they appeared at B&N.

Ryan,
Is the meeting at 1:00?

BenB

• Club Business
« Reply #6 on: Sun 10/07/18 11:13 AM »
I'm still pissed the Hobby Town in Apex closed. Just think, a hobby shop, next door to a pub, within walking distance from my house. :'(

Ben

Ryan K

• E-board Group
« Reply #5 on: Sat 10/06/18 11:18 AM »
Hayes is still around. The shop in Benson is closed last I heard.

RC Hobby is at 507 Broad St.

Meeting at 6400 Johnson Pond Road. If I recall RC Hobby will open for a few hours after the club meeting. David can confirm if that has started.

CorsairAU1

« Reply #4 on: Sat 10/06/18 10:51 AM »
Is Hayes' still in business? Don't know if I can make it to F-ville, but...

CorsairAU1

« Reply #3 on: Sat 10/06/18 10:49 AM »
Hi, Ryan!
Doing pretty good for an old fart :^)

Is that the R/C hobby shop on Glenwood...vaguely remember having been to such a place.

Is the shop that was over near I40 and 42 gone? Not that I would be surprised with the crazy hours they used to keep (ie, they were always closed when I could go by there!)

Where's the shop in FV? When are they open? or do they have a webpage I could look at?

For that matter, where's this AFL you are meeting at in FV? I think I will be here for the next meeting (21st?).

Great to hear from you!

John

Ryan K

• E-board Group
« Reply #2 on: Fri 10/05/18 05:37 PM »
Look what the cat dragged back. How you doing John? It is still pretty much the barren wasteland it was before. You have R/C Hobby in FV or Hanger 18 in Cary. There is still shop on glenwood for paint supplies. I think that is about it.

CorsairAU1

RDU Hobby shops worth a visit
« Reply #1 on: Fri 10/05/18 09:20 AM »
Hi, guys!
This ghost is on his way to RDU today for 2 weeks to help out my daughter. The newest post I could find on this topic was pretty old. What is the current landscape there?
John