Author Topic: September club meeting  (Read 314 times)

DavidS

• E-board Group
Re: September club meeting
« Reply #8 on: Mon 09/17/18 07:45 AM »
I understand the confusion. We have two builds on the table.

First is the armor/military vehicle build for March 2019.  We can talk about that more at the October meeting. Any thing 1899 to present.

Second is a ship build.  This is a long term build to be finished in October 2019.

Thank you,
David S

DavidS

• E-board Group
« Reply #7 on: Sun 09/16/18 10:55 PM »
The military vehicle build is not for  AMPS or IPMS. This is purely a build for the club. There will be no judging, only the satisfaction, and for some the challenge of building something outside their normal category.

To be fair we try to pick a variety of topics so ever can experience something new and familiar.  No one is ever required to participate in a club build. No pressure and have fun with it.

The vehicle does not have to be armed. There are lots of great topics that do not have weapons. Experimental, or one off vehicles are also welcome.

David S

Shanee C

• Club Business
  • welcome
« Reply #6 on: Sun 09/16/18 01:01 PM »
A couple of questions about the armor build:
1. Is this something that is for AMPS and not IPMS or is it for IPMS?
2. I thought it could be any military land vehicle? is that the case? I wanted to clarify that it doesn't need to be armed or armored?

Thanks for clarification.

Ryan K

• E-board Group
« Reply #5 on: Sun 09/16/18 07:56 AM »
I like that idea.

DavidS

• E-board Group
« Reply #4 on: Sat 09/15/18 09:04 AM »
Chase won the Racer build with a very cool F8F Bearcat.

A ship build doesn't have to be competitive.  I think it would, like all club builds, be a way to challenge new skills.  Here is my proposal, ship club build to be complete in October 2019?  Ships can be a little more costly, and time consuming.  There are some nice fairly priced, and low parts count kits out there. So, here we go:

October 2019
Ship club build.  Any thing that floats, Any period, Any scale, surface or submarine. Out of the box, or shoot for the stars!  Come on team, this will be fun!

David S

Bill L.

• Club Business
« Reply #3 on: Mon 09/10/18 06:44 AM »
I would participate in a ship club build.  Always up for something different.

Bill L.

Ryan K

• E-board Group
« Reply #2 on: Sun 09/09/18 06:40 PM »
Thanks for the update David. Hate I missed this meeting. Who won the this group build?

I am willing to try to a ship build, a ship completion is another story.  ::)
« Last Edit: Mon 09/10/18 11:01 AM by Ryan K »

DavidS

• E-board Group
September club meeting
« Reply #1 on: Sun 09/09/18 06:18 PM »

At September meeting today the following topics where covered.

1. We have launched a new AMPS chapter in Fuquay Varina.  We will be meeting on the first Monday of the month at RC Hobby.  Meeting time is 6pm. AMPS is dedicated to the building of armored vehicles.

2.  The club selected a new club build topic.  Everyone interested in participating can build any armored subject, any scale, any period from 1914 to present. Artillery, prime movers, wheeled, tracked, open top, and soft skin. Any subject that would qualify as an IPMS category.  Presentation to the club will be at our March 2019 meeting.

3. Is there any interest in the club doing a ship build?

Thank you,
David S